If you do a quick search on the internet on true happiness, you will stumble upon hundreds of quotes, papers, research, books, seminars, videos, you name it! We hunger and thirst for it, and spend years looking for it. And often in the wrong people, places or things! Can you find it? Is there such a thing as true happiness?
Here are a few quotes I found to be extremely profound!
- True happiness is … to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future. ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca~
- True happiness is to learn how to live beyond the imperfections. ~Rita Maata~
- Happiness is making your dreams come true. ~Jourdan Dunn~
- True Happiness – The Beatitudes. ~The Bible~
What is true happiness for you? As you read through the quotes above, think about what they mean to you at this present moment? Have you been enlightened? Are they speaking to you?
One of the truths in regard to happiness is that it is not circumstantial. It means we don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect, nor do we have to control anything outside of ourselves in order to feel a certain way. That is good news!
I love this quote (on the left) … learning to say NO to the things and people that stress you out.
The older and wiser I get, I find myself doing this more and more! Because I’m an empathetic, compassionate and a good listener type of person, I often find myself with people and things I don’t have the energy to deal with, especially negativity! I call these people Energy Drainers! No matter what advice I offer to fix the problem, they always have a reason why it won’t work! I think they just want to grumble and complain!
I’m learning to walk away and just say NO. I also repeat in my head “not my monkey, not my circus!” And I move on!! If I have the energy, time and space to allow it, then I will carve out the time for that person or situation, but it’s not going to infringe or take control over my happiness. That’s how I deal with it! You are responsible for what makes you happy!
- Every day adopt an attitude of gratitude, complain less and appreciate more.
- Write down the things you are grateful for.
- If it makes you happy, do it. If it doesn’t then don’t!
- Every day remind yourself that you are in charge of your happiness. Try not to let anything that is outside of yourself control you.
Peace my friends! Remember it’s all about being Intune, living a balanced life in harmony and alignment with yourself!